2024 may well prove to be the most challenging year of our lifetime. Domestic and foreign enemies are on the march, but our federal and state governments are not up to the challenge of stopping them. In contrast, Corporate America is doing fine and is generally well managed. Corporate America can cope with major challenges because they are managed by a combination of democracy and dictatorship, tempered by the Board of Directors, employees, customers, and shareholders.
As a rule, democracies are turbulent and messy, and dictatorships are prone to make disastrous and dramatic mistakes.
Here is our forecast of five significant domestic challenges:
1) America’s open southern and northern borders are facilitating the invasion of approximately five million illegal immigrants annually. By the end of 2024, the US will have some 20 million undocumented illegals, about 5% of the country’s nearly 350 million population. By providing about $20,000 of unmerited benefits to each illegal, all US States will be overwhelmed with $400 billion of additional expenses. In addition, hospitals and medical clinics will be deluged by a variety of unknown diseases that the unvetted and unscreened illegal immigrants are bringing into the country.
2) Crime will continue to increase dramatically in Democratic states that defunded the police.
3) Antisemitism, which is out of control, will also lead to anti-Christian behavior throughout the country. University presidents, boards, and administrations will be rightly blamed, and some will be fired, as droves of alums choose to boycott their alma maters. Many trustees will be sued for accepting funding from Qatar, other Muslim Brotherhood affiliates, or communist countries without disclosing the amounts, as dictated by law.
4) Domestic terror organizations will proliferate beyond Antifa and BLM to include Islamic organizations, drug and human trafficking cartels, Chinese gangs, and other opportunist criminals. All will expand their disruptive activities and increase chaos as the November 5 national election gets closer.
5) The incompetence and corruption of liberal governors, attorneys general, state prosecutors, and secretaries of state will make Democrat-led states increasingly ungovernable and unlivable.
Now, let’s look at five critical international challenges:
1) 2024 will have to deal with the aftermath of October 7, 2023, when the Islamist terrorists, led by Hamas (Muslim Brotherhood) attacked Israel and started World War III. Aided by generous funding for more than 20 years by Qatar and Iran (ruled by a Shiite Muslim death cult), Hamas attacked Israel and butchered 1,200 men, women, and children – mostly civilians – and took 240 more as hostages. Helping to finance Iran – the largest state sponsor of terror with millions of operatives and followers worldwide – are China and Russia. All personify evil.
2) The dictatorship forces of evil: China, Russia, Iran, North Korea, Venezuela, and the Muslim Brotherhood-led Qatar and Turkey have vowed to take over the world by undermining or destroying Democracies. Democracies believe in “Life, Liberty, and pursuit of Happiness” for 100% of the population. In contrast, dictatorships believe in life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for only 10% of the population, namely their leaders.
3) The Russian-Ukraine war will be stalemated again in 2024.
To save democracies, the best political parties should advocate and use the most advanced communication systems to deliver their simple political message to the voting public: “Choose Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness”.
4) The China-Taiwan conflict is deepening. There is a 50% chance that China will seek to take over Taiwan by force, thus destabilizing the Pacific arena and the world.
5) On the positive side, we expect Israel to take total control over the Gaza Strip. and, if forced, to take over parts of the Hezbollah-controlled Lebanon. The US Navy will destroy the Houthis in Yemen to ensure the free passage of commercial shipping through the Suez Canal. This action would help keep America’s status as a superpower. Otherwise, the US will lose its superpower status, and the Democratic Party will dramatically lose its influence for at least two generations.
Further complicating the domestic and foreign challenges listed above will be America’s highly contentious national elections on November 5, 2024. President Biden and the Democrats will pull out all the stops to win. President Trump and the Republicans will do the same, although within the confines of the law and the Constitution. The race will be close, but the upcoming foreign and domestic chaos will be blamed on the incompetence of the ruling Democrats, thereby increasing support for the Republicans. Stay tuned.