See the sources for this article and more research in the Additional Reading section
Nearly 50% of the world’s population lives in a democracy, and the other 50% lives under an authoritarian form of government. The US is the only democracy that guarantees its citizens the protection of Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. As the Declaration of Independence says, “They are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness”.
Under authoritarian rule, only the ruling class – a tiny segment of the population – enjoys temporary privileges that may bring Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness – but only if these people loyally serve their rulers. So, democracies seem to be a better system of government.
Unfortunately though, democracies make many mistakes. Some of these mistakes represent an existential risk to their people. These mistakes are often the result of short-term thinking, which is encouraged by the short-term thinking of the populace. Sometimes grave mistakes are made by democratically elected political leaders. Here is a short review of current and historical mistakes made by the US, European nations, and Israel:
1) In the US, the Biden administration seems determined to resuscitate Obama’s Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), that very-bad deal with Iran. Lifting the sanctions will acclerate the regime’s development of its nuclear weapons arsenal and delivery system, and finance the expansion and bolstering of global terrorist organizations, further destabilizing the region and beyond.
2) The European’s greed seems to have pushed aside their security concerns. Instead of confronting Tehran with credible sanctions and military threats, major European nations have been enthusiastically negotiating with Iran, the world’s largest state sponsor of terrorism.
3) The Biden administration is flooding the country with two to three million illegal migrants annually. They come from some 160 countries. Most are young, uneducated, or ill-educated, speak no English, and have no money. Many carry diseases, which have long been eradicated in the US, and include an unknown number of criminals and potential terrorists. The Biden administration is facilitating the world’s worst Human and Sex Trafficking operations, which especially target women and young children.
So, what can democracies do to protect themselves from Iran and its evil partners, China, Russia, and North Korea? Here are a few sugge‘The American taxpayer, who was never consulted, is paying for housing, health, education, and social benefits to millions of illegals. Meanwhile, violent crime, drug poisoning and overdosing, and homelessness are growing rapidly throughout the country.stions:
4) In 1993, 27 European nations irrationally gave up their sovereignty to unelected bureaucrats running the European Union (EU).
5) The European Council did not protect the EU member states from the growing Muslim invasion there, where the Islamic influence has increased dramatically since 2015 and cost billions of euros to the European taxpayers, whose safety, security, and free speech have been jeopardized.
6) The Biden administration runs a $1 trillion deficit annually, and there seem to be no plans to reduce it.
7) Electoral fraud is rampant in the US, particularly in Democrat-run states.
8) Medicare and Social Security will go bankrupt in the US in 10-15 years. The Biden administration has no plans to save either of these programs for the 65 million over 65-year-old or disabled population.
9) Excluding the US, the 29 other members of NATO have inadequately funded the collective defense organization, below their 2% of GDP pledges.
10) European countries, eager to stop the use of fossil fuels, have mismanaged their energy policies by over-relying on unreliable green energy and Russian natural gas, while discarding and under-investing in their own sources of energy and nuclear power plants.
11) The Biden administration has turned the US from an energy-independent country into an OPEC energy-dependent and vulnerable country.
12) The Biden administration cut the US Defense forces budget relative to inflation, blocking the upgrading and development of weapons, and significantly reducing the number of its Armed Forces. Instead, it has been busy indoctrinating the armed forces with Critical Race Theory (CRT) and demanding compliance with the unnecessary and ineffective COVID vaccine.
13) For the past 30 years, different Israeli governments have pledged to stop Iran from developing nuclear weapons. While some of Iran’s nuclear plans have been slowed, their nuclear weapons development programs are rapidly progressing.
14) In Israel, the departing Bennett government created a governing coalition with its arch enemy, the Islamist Muslim Brotherhood-affiliated Ra’am party, which compromised the Jewish State.
15) In Israel, over 250,000 Bedouins have illegally taken over vast amounts of land and were allowed to keep them. The Bedouins are also entitled to violate Israeli law that forbids polygamy. They marry multiple wives and produce many children, whom the Israeli taxpayers subsidize.
16) The Israeli Air Force is crucial for protecting Israel, but the government has under-invested in ensuring its superiority for long-range missions.
17) Israel is responsible for 60% of Judea/Samaria according to the Oslo accords, but the government tolerates massive illegal building by the PA and EU-supported Arab squatters.
Why have these democracies made such massive existential mistakes? Why do the voters tolerate such a high level of incompetence, which they would not accept from the corporate world?
The sad answer is that the people are misinformed by their political leadership and the massively corrupt Progressive-Left media and social media conglomerate, and they are intimidated into silence.
Since our current strategy is evidently to lose, it is high time to change to a winning strategy: force Iran to stop its nuclear weapons developments!What is the solution? “We the People” must get better informed on current affairs and civics so we can demand honest and transparent government at the federal, state, and local levels. We have a lot of work to do. Let’s go!